The first hexagram you receive is called the starting hexagram. It is a pictographic representation of your starting archetype. You will also need to construct the resulting hexagram, the pictographic representation of your resulting archetype.
Construct your resulting hexagram by copy each line in your starting hexagram into the similar line in your resulting hexagram except the moving lines, which you reverse. So if you have a moving solid line in the starting hexagram, reverse it to an open line in the resulting hexagram. If you have a moving open line in the starting hexagram, reverse it to a solid line in the resulting hexagram. If you do not have any moving lines, then you do not have a resulting hexagram.
- Guide to Consulting the Christian I Ching
- Preparing the I Ching Material
- Formulating your I Ching Query
- Setting the Stage for your Reading
- Using the I Ching Stone Protocol
- Constructing the Starting Hexagram
- Constructing the Resulting Hexagram ←
- Determining the Hexagram Index Numbers
- Looking up the Archetypes that Correspond to the Hexagrams
- Interpreting your Reading