The Christian I Ching Online Workshop
The Christian I Ching online workshop is our on-demand workshop intended for Christians who are new to the Christian I Ching. To watch our promo video [Click Here].
To go directly to registration [Click Here]. There is no cost to this workshop.
What You Will Learn
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to incorporate one of the greatest discernment tools ever discovered into your spiritual life.
The I Ching has been used for thousands of years by billions of people and you will learn how to use this remarkable tool to ask for God’s guidance on how to respond to your greatest challenges.
You will learn how to properly form your questions, manipulate the query stones to receive six numbers, translate those numbers into one of the 64 ancient I Ching archetypes, and then interpret those archetypes into specific actions that God is calling on you to take.
You will learn how to integrate the most widely used discernment tool in history into your daily spiritual practice.
What You Will Need
- A copy of the book, "Wisdom's Way - The Christian I Ching" available through Amazon. You can also use the online version at this web site.
- A set of 52 query stones. You can use flat beads, beach pebbles, or decorative pebbles that you can buy at a hobby store like Michael's.
- A training query mat and workbook that you can create from material provided with this course.
You can also purchase a Christian I Ching Starter Pack that includes all of these items from our online store (not functioning yet.) Or you can create your own from our Do It Yourself Page.
Roger Sessions is a Spiritual Director practicing in Austin, Texas. He is commissioned by The Episcopal Diocese of Texas and is a Benedictine Oblate affiliated with The World Community for Christian Meditation.
He is a founding member of The Christian I Ching Society, and his relationship with the I Ching goes back more than fifty years. He is the author of the book Wisdom’s Way - The Christian I Ching.
Cost of Workshoo
There is no cost to this workshop. This is not a trick. There is no add-on course we are trying to sell you. There are no advertisements that are part of this course. This course is our gift to you.
Part I. Introduction to the Christian I Ching
- Lecture 1: Introduction and Welcome (9:14)
- Lecture 2: The Biblical Basis for the I Ching (12:40)
Part II. Organization of the Christian I Ching
- Lecture 3: The Archetype (14:40)
- Lecture 4: The Moving Lines (7:52)
- Lecture 5: Mapping Hexagrams to Archetypes (7:01)
- Lecture 6: The Numbers (8:03)
Part III. Consulting the Christian I Ching
- Lecture 7: Planning the Question (12:28)
- Lecture 8: Preparing the Reading (9:17)
- Lecture 9: Manipulating the Stones (10:55)
- Lecture 10: Interpreting the Reading (15:15)
- The first step is to register for the course. Part of the registration information we need is your email, but know that we don't share this with anybody else. We will only use this to send you the material you need for this course and occasional emails about new articles that are available. You can unsubscribe from our list at any time.
- When you have submitted your registration information, you will be sent an email that includes the URL of your private workshop page. That URL will be in the form https://christianiching.org/student-xxx ,where xxx is your student ID. You should save this email in case you lose the URL to your private workshop page.
- Click on the URL you were sent, and you will be brought to your private workshop page. You should bookmark this page. Your private workshop page will remain active for 90 days.
- Whenever you are ready for the next lecture, start by going to your private workshop page and follow the appropriate links.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I have questions?
If you are confused about any of the information in the workshop, just drop me a note. I"ll do my best to help you. My contact information will be included in your private workshop page. Please be aware that this does not include private consultations. I am happy to do private consultations, but they are not included in the free online workshop.
When does the workshop start and finish?
The workshop starts as soon as you register. You have up to three months to complete the workshop. Most people will complete the workshop over a weekend. If you need more time, let me know and I can extend it.
Can I share this workshop with others?
We ask that you not share this workshop. If you know somebody who would like to take it, they are welcome to register themselves.
If you would like to take it with one or more people, that is fine and encouraged. You might plan to take the workshop together over a weekend. You might continue this group as a Christian I Ching Study Group that meets to support each other's interpretations.
The bottom line: if you are watching this material together, that's fine. If you are watching this material from different locations, that's not fine.
Are Personal Consultations available?
Yes, personal consultations are available. Information on personal consultations is available at our Personal Consultations Page.
What kinds of questions are appropriate for the Christian I Ching?
The Christian I Ching is not a fortune telling device. It is a serious tool for helping us understand how God is calling us to move forward in a given situation. So it is not appropriate to ask, "Is there a move in my future?" It is appropriate to ask, "How is God calling me to respond to this move opportunity?"
How does the Christian I Ching relate to other I Chings?
The Christian I Ching is a reinterpretation of the I Ching from a Christian perspective. The 64 archetypes correspond to the 64 hexagrams in a typical I Ching.